Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Funny signs seen in NZ

Classic

I took this at Cape Reinga, the Northern-most point of NZ

Road signs here are messed up.  WTF is this supposed to mean?

Hey guys, take it easy on this turn.  Keep it to 85.

Now you tell me!

I love this sign.  You see it all over NZ.  It's not the most unusual thing - it pops up when the roads are potentially slippery, but I love how drastic it is.  Look at that car!  The tire marks are all crossed up, and it's about to flip over and burn up in a fiery crash!  Slippery roads in NZ are no joke.  You will die.

Dually noted

Some good German humor.  Saw this in a hostel.

What do you mean if it's not working?  Does that happen often?  This seems dangerous.

Seriously?  15 minutes?  And what am I supposed to do if it's 6:30?  
This was at the tunnel entrance on the way to Milford Sound.

I couldn't resist.  This is the unfortunate name of a country town on the South Island.
It's really funny if you pretend you have a lisp.  "Don't be such an Athol!"


Also seen, not photographed:

"Horse Poo.  $1"

On a farmer's fence: "Dogs will be shot"

No comments:

Post a Comment